Highways/Infrastructure Design Engineer, Manchester
||£25000 - £30000 per annum
Job Description: Highways/Infrastructure Design Engineer – Manchester
Do you have at least 1 year experience working as a Highways/Infrastructure Design Engineer? Are you looking to further develop your career in Civil Engineering? Then look no further! RGB Network are currently representing and working with a large international Civil Engineering consultancy who have an exciting opportunity for a Highways/Infrastructure Design role based in their Manchester office.
As a Graduate/Assistant Highways Infrastructure Design Engineer you will work on a variety of challenging projects where you would assist with the production of a range of detailed design solutions, with the potential of opportunities to work on short projects overseas. The ideal candidate would be one who has at least 12 months post-graduate experience or gained through a 1 year placement. Alongside that you would be able to receive a well-guided plan and route to achieve career aspirations, identifying your specific training needs and supporting these by ensuring you work alongside skilled and experienced colleagues within the office.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce design packages for Highways Infrastructure and associated planning schemes to appropriate standards from initial concepts to detailed design.
- Assistant in preparation of contract documents to detailed design.
- Develop awareness of commercial and technical management of projects and assist in ensuring they are managed effectively in within budgetary constraints.
- Develop innovative design solutions to serve and benefit clients.
- Contribute to the technical development of the design function in the UK.
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 12 months post-graduate or year placement in the highways infrastructure design industry.
- Preparing detailed designs for highways infrastructure projects through the Section 278/38 process.
- Knowledge of DMRB, Manual for Streets and relevant Highway standards.
- MEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Some ability in Civil 3D/mx for highway design
- Some ability in micro-drainage software
- Member of Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation
The company offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes. We also offer a car allowance, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
If you are interested in this or other positions then please do contact Parvez Miah at RGB Network on 0207 932 2800 or alternatively you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org.