Second Chef - 16hrs - including weekends, Exmouth
||£9.00 per hour
We are looking for……
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Are you looking for the next step to progress your career, an opportunity to grow and develop within our highly successful, award winning independent company?
We have a new and exciting opportunity to recruit a Second Chef within the Health and Social Sector.
Hours: 16hrs working 2 out of 7 days per week to include some weekends
Exmouth Area EX8 2FA
We are looking for a strong, commercially minded Second Chef with excellent knowledge of the health and social care sector. Working under the guidance of an Area Manager the role will be ideal for someone who wants to develop their career in this fast growing business sector.
Second Chef Purpose:
- Ensure succinct provision of a full service to Care, Social Care sites as part of the Caterplus brand.
- Managing staff.
- Controlling a tight budget.
- Attending training courses, as required
- Stock auditing.
- Ordering and inducting new staff.
- Ensure engagement with clients, customers and residents where appropriate.
- Ensure support provided to care facilities as there will be a requirement to support some evening and weekend activities.
Qualifications & Experience Needed To Be Chef Manager
- Individual will need to be fully qualified 706/1 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the Health and Social Care Sector is essential.
- Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste.
- You will also be IT proficient.
- You must be a self-motivated individual who works well unsupervised.
- You must have excellent people management skills and be able to motivate your team.
- Understand nutritional guidelines.
- Be proactive and ensure innovation through team and service.
- You must be an excellent communicator and in order to build relationships with customers and clients alike.
- Demonstrates confidence with a ‘Can do’ attitude.
Why is it great to work for US?
- Competitive salary package
- Company sick pay scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Recognition reward and awards
- Long Service awards
- Fantastic Career Development opportunities
- Annual Salon Culinaire
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Access to a Save as you Earn Scheme
The ideal Second Chef candidate will have a proven track record of craft excellence and extensive knowledge of Catering Provision and monitoring.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check the cost of which will be borne by the company. Immediate start available.
To register your interest in this position please email your current CV to