Project Accountant, Birmingham
||£50000 - £65000 per annum, Benefits: + 15% Bonus
Sheridan Maine is recruiting for a Project Accountant for a Financial Services organisation based in Birmingham.
As a Project Accountant you will primarily be maintaining project controls for risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies and decisions and in addition to produce consolidated financial statements and to provide first class reporting and financial control for the business.
Further Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee cash flow and working capital
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Design and implement accounting process improvements.
- Contribute to Finance projects
- Act as a key contact for internal and external auditors.
- Analyse complex datasets which directly impact the financial results of the business, including the use of statistical packages
- Utilise Excel functionality to generate accurate accounting entries and provide Management Information
- Responsible for advising on financial reporting issues, IFRS and UK GAAP
- Control the integrity of all balance sheets
Our client is a market leading, national Financial Services organisation where due to growth and a restructure there is now room for a reporting accountant to join a very successful team.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified ACA
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS (IFRS 9 very desirable)
- Good knowledge of accounting systems, processes and reconciliations/controls
- Experience within a regulated environment is preferred but not essential
- A through understanding of the Treasury functions within the business.
What is on offer?
A salary of up to £50,000-£65,000 including pension and company benefits
This is a superb opportunity that will offer a challenging yet rewarding one. The individual will technically be strong and have had experience within financial services and return you will be remunerated with a welcoming package.