Interim Credit Controller, Birmingham
||£10 - £14 per hour
Sheridan Maine is recruiting for an interim Credit Controller for a B2B Service organisation based in Birmingham.
Our client is market leader and due to growth will be expecting an increase in volumes and will be expecting to recuitment permanently. They create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential.
Duties will include:
- Contribute to the ‘collection performance’ and minimize the risk of bad debts thus maximizing the Company’s overall debtor performance
- Manage a portfolio of clients to ensure timely cash collections
- Debt reduction
- Maintenance/management of designated ledgers
- Query resolution both internally and externally
- Log queried invoices onto in-house system
- Building and maintaining frequent contact with peers, clients and suppliers outside the organisation in order to collect outstanding debts quickly and efficiently before legalities need to be instigated
- Providing a credit control service to clients and branches
- Display good negotiation skills in order to influence clients round to your way of thinking
- Manage and mitigate the risk relating to customer credit limits
- Authorise credit limit increases, in line with risk management activity and company procedure
The successful candidate will be:
- Excellent communication skills are mandatory in all forms, to include, verbal, written and face to face.
- Must have proven record working with reporting in excel
- Proactive and driven individual that can show a passion and commitment for their portfolio of debt, delivering against KPIs and accurately reporting and providing advice for each case
- Attention to detail
- The ability to make decisions about priorities and tasks anticipating likely difficulties and making contingency plans to recover debts
- The ability to analyse verbal information and accounts to evaluate bad debts
What’s on offer?
upto £12.00 ph
This opportunity is a fantastic and exciting one for the right individual. The role offers a new and exciting challenge coupled with excellent working conditions within an established organisation.
The role will give the individual a chance of proving them self and potentially securing a permanent role with the company.