English Teacher - Solihull, Birmingham
||£115 - £170 per day
Are you a qualified English teacher who is looking to teach within a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) within Solihull.
This PRU caters for secondary aged students who are on the verge or have been excluded from mainstream education due to a variety of reasons, mostly due to emotional and behavioural difficulties (EBD). The schools aim where possible is to reintegrate the student back into mainstream but if that is not an option; they want to provide an engaging learning environment with a focus on further education or vocational training.
The head is looking for a dynamic English teacher with strong behaviour management who will be able to teach students with a range of Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
This role is for an immediate start on a full time basis becoming a permanent member of staff.
Salary will be MPS plus SEN points, depending upon experience.
What you will need for this role is:-
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Proven track record of teaching challenging behaviours, either within a mainstream or PRU school
- Able to plan and teach diverse lessons across KS3 and KS4 to small groups.
- You will have an up to date knowledge of developments in your subject and be an excellent classroom practitioner. With the passion for your subject you will be able to create an enjoyable environment which is conducive to learning in order to secure the progress of all students.
- Most importantly, you will be motivated, ambitious and have a desire to provide a challenging curriculum.
Due to the expected volume of applications we receive only short-listed teachers will be contacted within 3 days.
The Education Network only works within the education sector; therefore we understand the impact our service has on our schools. We believe our teachers should positively contribute to the schools development. We continue to provide an excellent service with a commitment to building long lasting relationships with our teachers.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.