Accounts Assistant, Edinburgh
||£17000 per annum
Our pretsigous client, who is one of the UK's biggest logistics organisations, currently has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join their team, based in Newbridge.
The purpose of this role is:
- Accurately process supplier invoices on a timely basis, using SAP and invoice scanning.
- Process both PO and nonPO invoices, checking spend authorized per policy for nonPO
- Respond to supplier and internal queries on a timely basis with accurate information.
- Reconcile PO invoice lines for resale goods to Goods Receipts per distribution Branches.
- Escalate significant financial impact issues to team leader/master data /branch/supplier.
- Reconcile supplier statements and do other tasks as required e.g. filing, pay runs.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to;
- Work well as an individual and as part of a wider team
- Reconcile Purchase Ledger and GRNI to Supplier Statement with good attention to detail
- Understand the financial impact of credits, including when matching accounts
- Meet weekly/monthly payment deadline and keep team leader informed of progress.
- Communicate clearly to suppliers and to key contacts within Menzies by phone and email
The suitable candidate will ideally:
- Have experience of using SAP/similar large accounting system for Accounts Payable
- Have experience processing goods/stock invoices in a medium to large company.
- Use systems for maximum benefit, minimising paper and manual processes
- Enjoy detailed reconciliation work, with an aptitude for working with numbers in finance
- May consider candidates with customer service experience and good numerical skills
- Regularly use MS office & Excel, be comfortable working with automated processes
- Degree qualified candidates with relevant work experience may be considered