Senior Civil Engineer, Gloucester
||£35000 - £40000 per annum
I am representing a well known Engineering Consultancy who are actively seeking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineer. If you are looking to move to a †company that promotes a team working environment and supports their staff in all aspects of career development and actively encourages organic growth within the business then this position would be highly suitable for you.
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and †Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38,
- etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
- Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as† maintaining and
- developing Client relationships.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members
- in undertaking technical work and report writing.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a civil engineering role and should hold a relevant degree.
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Status.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in various disciplines and types of project.
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
- Experience using ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
- Experience of negotiations with highway authorities, drainage authorities and Environment Agency.
- Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc.