Payroll Manager, Stratford-upon- Avon
||£40000 - £45000 per annum
Sheridan Maine is working in partnership with a reputable business based in Stratford Upon Avon. Salary up to £42,000 per annum
You will be reporting into the Head of Finance and manage the Payroll Department. Another key part of the role is ensuring efficient and accurate processing of the business weekly and monthly payrolls, whilst exercising strong financial stewardship and providing a supportive advisory service to the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
- To deal with PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, and other relevant compliance work
- To manage the processing of weekly and monthly payrolls effectively, and ensure the transmission of BACS data in a timely manner.
- To calculate and review all payroll benefits, additions and deductions as appropriate.
- Manages case load payroll capacity and rebalances as needed
- Ensures compliance with client SLA targets
- Manage monthly billing for clients
- Builds productive and effective relationships with clients, suppliers as well as internally and globally within the business
- Recruit, develop and motivate employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees)
- Ensure the payroll of approximately 950 employees is processed in good time and accurately ensuring policy and legal requirements are adhered to.
- Work closely with departmental leaders ensuring employees are correctly aligned to the correct department for accurate costings.
- Liaise with the HMRC on any relevant matters and complete accurate and timely returns on behalf of the organisation.
- Produce accurate and timely reports for headcount and payroll costs for both internal and external use.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant payroll Qualification
- Relevant Payroll Manager Experience
- Being able to work to busy deadlines
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Attention to detail
What is on offer?
You will be working at a location that is very easily accessible; and join an organisation that is known for the excellent training that is provided. You will enjoy working in an environment that will offer you a good work life balance and will give you the opportunity to progress into different areas of the business.