School Chef - 30 hours - Term time only, Wembley
||£9.05 per hour
We are looking for……
Primary School Chef
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Are you looking for the next step to progress your career, an opportunity to grow and develop within our highly successful, award winning independent company?
We have a new and exciting opportunity to recruit a Primary School Chef within the Education Sector at:
Wembley High Technology College
Hours: 30 hours per week / £9.05ph / Mon – Fri / Term time only
We are looking for a strong Primary school chef with knowledge of the education sector. Working under the guidance of a Catering Manager the role will be ideal for someone who wants to develop their career in this fast growing business sector.
Primary School Chef Role Purpose:
- Ensure the provision of a full daily primary meal service to approximately 180 pupils within WHTC as part of the Taylor Shaw brand.
- Stock ordering and auditing.
- Managing staff
- Controlling a tight budget
- Attending training courses, as required
- Ensure support provided to schools as there will be a requirement to support some occasional evening and possibly weekend activities
Essential Qualifications & Experience Needed To Be Primary School Chef:
- Individual will need to be fully qualified 706/2 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the Education Sector is essential.
- Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste.
- You will also be IT proficient.
- You must be a self-motivated individual who works well unsupervised.
- You must have excellent people management skills and be able to motivate your team.
- Understand School Food Trust Guidelines on Nutrition.
- Be proactive and ensure innovation through team and service.
- You must be an excellent communicator and in order to build relationships with customers and clients alike.
- Demonstrates confidence with a ‘Can do’ attitude.
Why is it great to work for US?
- Competitive salary package
- Company sick pay scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Recognition reward and awards
- Long Service awards
- Fantastic Career Development opportunities
- Annual Salon Culinaire
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Access to a Save as you Earn Scheme
The ideal Primary School Chef candidate will have a proven track record of craft excellence and extensive knowledge of Catering Provision and monitoring.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check the cost of which will be borne by the company. Immediate start available.
To register your interest in this position please email your current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Closing date for applications 20/10/16