Our client, a multi-national engineering company, are currently looking to recruit an experienced CNC Technician to be based at their production facility in Accrington.
Skills and Experience required:
- Must be time served with post qualification in a technical machining background. Experience in CNC Milling, Turning and Grinding.
- Experience in EDM Wire Machining and Die Sinking would be desirable.
- Must be proficient in the set-up, operation and the adjustment of tool fixture offsets on 3 and 5 axis CNC machine tools.
- Is able to competently program Mazak and Fanuc control systems with knowledge of Live Tooling using G-Codes.
- Knowledge of programming Agie EDM Wire Machines and Die Sinkers would be desirable.
- Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings and deliver conforming parts to tight tolerances.
- Working with the machining and grinding of various types of material.
- A detailed understanding of engineering drawings, selection of tooling, work holding and cutting/grinding strategy is essential.
- The ability to generate programs with the use of CAD / CAM & Post Processor using PTC-Creo is highly desirable.
- Highest standards of Health and Safety and Quality Assurance is essential. Must be able to check and inspect your own production work.
- A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate, support and self-motivate in a successful team.
- The ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative when needed.
- The ability to work in both a high dependency CNC production environment and also jobbing shop / toolroom setting.
- Possess a positive Can-Do attitude and problem solving approach towards your work and the wider business.
In addition to long-term career prospect the position also offers:
Monday – Thursday – 07.30 – 16.00
Friday - 07.30 – 12.30
- Attractive annual Salary £26,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays)
If you are interested in the position or want to know more details please contact Stephen at Pertemps, Burnley.