Job Role :- Welding Assistant
Contract :- Permanent
Location :- Cheshire (WA16 6TA)
Pay Rate :- £20K + Overtime
Hrs :- Monday - Friday 08:00hrs-16:30hrs
A leading UK business specialising in the manufacture and installation of customised machinery, incorporating the latest technology to provide solutions that are reliable and cost effective to their customers are looking for an Assistant to work alongside their experienced Welding & Fabrication team.
You will provide support to the Fabrications team to ensure that deadlines and quality standards for the production of fabricated and polished items are met.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary with overtime available, up to 25 days holidays + bank holidays, annual bonus, cycle to work scheme and discounted shopping vouchers.
Experience & Skills
- Undertake pre and post-polishing activities ensuring the required standard of finish is achieved within agreed deadlines.
- Identify finished components against full works order requirements and report any anomalies to the Team Leader
- Undertake internal inspection of completed jobs prior to despatch to the main site.
- Finish wrap checked components and deliver to the main PA works with completed documentation
- Ensure that completed documentation is despatched with the finished components to the main PA works
- Cut, form and drill sub-components up to inspection stage
- When required, operate the guillotine in a safe manner
- When required, carry out basic welding operations
- Assist with goods in /deliveries and the movement of parts between PA sites, ensuring all paperwork is accurate and complete
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Clean and tidy work area on a daily basis
- Ensure that scrap material is stored appropriately
- Ensure that machines are left in a clean and safe condition
- Ideally have some experience working within an Engineering/Fabrication environment.
- Keen to learn and develop.
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Contribute positively to my team and company morale and spirit.