Warehouse Team Leader
We are working closely with a well-established specialist Warehousing and Distribution Company based in Totton, Southampton.
Playing an integral part of the operations team, you will bring a fresh, pro-active approach to the assistance in the supervision of staff and will have the initiative to be able to implement ways of ensuring the warehouse operation is running at maximum performance.
The Warehouse Team Leader will be reporting to and supporting the Warehouse Supervisor in the delegation of tasks and your main aim is to ensure that the process from goods in, to the storage and distribution of high value goods is followed with the highest possible accuracy.
Permanent, Full Time + Paid overtime
Starting Salary is £21,000 per annum with a range of attractive benefits including pension, uniform, and paid overtime. There is a salary review at 6 and 12 months and earnings potential of up to 23,000 (up to 25,000 with overtime). Please note that subject to circumstances, a temp to perm route may be taken.
The Warehouse Team leader responsibilities will include;
- Assistance in the supervision of staff.
- Health and Safety of staff and warehouse.
- Unloading heavy goods deliveries and ensuring that all goods are stored in the right location safely.
- Transportation of goods using forklift.
- Logging order and stock information on in Warehouse Management System.
- Key holder responsibility.
- Ensuring that the site is secure at all times, as well as opening the facility at start of shift.
- Being responsible for security phone on a rota basis.
- Covering Supervisor and Manager Roles in their absence.
This role requires someone who has the desire to learn and has sound knowledge of warehousing. A flexible attitude towards work is expected as you will be asked to undertake other warehousing duties as required and put in the extra hours when needed, including some weekends.
Forklift licence essential (Counter balance or Pivot) Please do still apply even if your licence has expired!
Please don't delay and apply online today. You can alternatively contact the Pertemps Southampton branch directly for a confidential chat.