Optical Fibre Technician
Permanent role based on outskirts of Southampton
Salary £23,500 (+ current shift premium of 20%)
12 hour shifts - Current Shift pattern - one week of 12hrs from 0600-1800 Mon-Thurs followed by one week of 3 nights (1800-0600 Mon-Wed finishing Thurs morning @ 0600).
24 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
Free Dental and Healthcare
Subsidised Gym Membership
We are currently recruiting for an Optical Fibre Technician on behalf of a Market Leader in the speciality of Optical Fibres.
The company based on the outskirts of Southampton and have been established over 30 years and export more than 95% of our production to around 50 countries worldwide. Their products are used in a range of diverse industrial sectors including aerospace, telecommunications, energy and fundamental research.
Some of the key duties of the Optical Fibre Technician include:-
- Operating preform fabrication lathes
- Following detailed product specification instructions and handling chemicals under controlled conditions
- Completing and maintaining logs, spreadsheets and databases as indicated in work instructions
To be successful in this role, the Optical Fibre Technician will have:
- Good dexterity and a high degree of accuracy
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent ) Grade C and above to include Maths and Science
- Understand written and verbal instructions in English & Computer Literate, familiar in Microsoft office applications
- Due to the nature of the work accessing equipment via steps, a reasonable level of fitness is essential.
- Experience of working within a process, technical or manufacturing environment would be a bonus as would being a qualified First Aider
Please apply online to the Pertemps Southampton branch if you would like to apply for this Optical Fibre Technician.