Mechanical Design Engineer
A Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity has arose with an established company supplying production machinery to numerous sectors and companies from larger OEM to smaller low volume production equipment.
As a mechanical design engineer you will be joining a company who manufacture a full range of machining solutions including robotic automation, working with a number of SME's and major manufactures and OEM's in the Automotive, Aerospace and Motorsport industries
Job Title – Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary – Circa £40,000
Location – Staffordshire
About The Role:
As Mechanical Design Engineer your expendabilities will include;
• To design special purpose machinery and automated cells using 2D and 3D CAD.
• Take responsibility for conceptualising automated solutions based around customer specification.
• Create detailed component and assembly drawings.
• Producing Bill of Materials.
• Working to Project deadlines.
• Suggesting continuous improvements and cost reduction strategies.
• Playing a proactive part and working closely with other members of the team on Design Projects.
• Must have the ability to be able to create a machine manual including knowledge of word to create a detailed explanation of how the machine works using example manuals as a basis.
• Liaise with the sales department and customers in the preparation of quotations.
• Liaising with customers, this could also include travel to clients in Europe and worldwide.
• To evaluate and develop suppliers and supply chains as well as purchase on parts from Local and Non-Local suppliers.
• Working closely with the project manager and General shop floor managers maintaining delivery targets set by the customer.
• Work to ensure understanding of costs, timing and risk ensuring agreements with Customer are met.
• Report back to the Project Manager on project timing / issues or completion to feedback project final costing for analysis. Support our R&D department for tooling requirements depending upon which customer we are supporting.
About the Person
• The Mechanical Design engineer Must be able to work on multiple projects due to a number of machines being built at the same time.
• Have a good attitude and approach towards continuous improvement
• Expert use of Solidworks and Autocad.
• Ideally HND qualified or above in a Mechanical or Design orientated subject.
• A good knowledge of machining, GT&D, fabrications and welding.
• Experienced in the design of special purpose machinery
• Experience with Robotics preferred but not essential.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
If this opportunity sounds of interest don't hesitate to get in touch
Please apply on-line or call John on 0121 450 50 20 for a confidential discussion
Technical Network specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & FMCG market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles. Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent