Our client, a European market leader in management and recycling of industrial waste is seeking a Shift Manager to join their expanding team based in Whitchurch. Offering a salary of circa £41K Per annum. You must have a proven knowledge within an Engineering or Chemical discipline.
As a Shift Manager you will:
- Manage operations during the shift including the production staff.
- Ensure work carried out by production staff is done to time, quality and safety standard.
- Develop structures for improving quality and cost performance.
- Monitor factory performance and analysing trends.
- Monitor staff performance and conduct and addressing issues where relevant
- Coordinate production start ups, shut downs and changeovers.
- Liaise with the Plant Manager in the organisation in planning and forecasting of machine and materials utilization.
- Understand company personnel procedures and policies and apply fairly and consistently.
The ideal Shift Manager will hold the following skills and experiences:
- A strong Chemical and/or Engineering background, HNC/HND/Degree Level/NVQ Equivalent.
- 2-3 Experience in a Management role.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Leadership skills - managing performance, work planning and gaining commitment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing / production process and procedures.
- Thorough diligent approach.
- Team player.
- Excellent Communication skills.
The working hours for this vacancy are 4 on 4 off shift pattern which will be 2 days, 2nights then 4 off and 12 hour shifts.
In return you will be paid a salary of £41,000 per annum and receive 25 days holiday plus statuary days and a company pension with a contribution of 6%.
This position is Permanent, to apply for this vacancy please Click APPLY.