Due to increased work load our client based in Hortonwood is recruiting an experienced metal polisher to join their expanding team.
All candidates must have experience of linishing /polishing you will be required to work with a variety of metal materials to finish to a very high standard using various tools and/or equipment.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Following technical drawings you will be polishing and grinding grooved, contoured, and irregular surfaces of metal objects to customer specifications.
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Measure or parts to ensure they meet customer specification.
- Operate specialist machinery to complete grinding and polishing processes whilst adhering to health and safety at all times.
The ideal candidate will hold the following skills and/or experiences:
- A valid CSCS card is desirable for site work which is paid at an enhanced rate.
- Previous experience in Metal or Car polishing
- Ability to work from a technical drawing is an advantage.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexibility with working hours and able to work over time depending on business needs.
Hours 8.00am until 4.30pm Monday to Thursday 6.00am until 2.00pm Friday.
In return you will be paid £8.50 - £9.00 per hour depending on experience. CSCS Card holders for site based work will be paid at £10.00 per hour depending on experience.
Over time paid at an enhanced rate over 40 hours worked.
Immediate starts available for the right candidates
To apply for this vacancy please click Apply.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk