An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Supervisor to join an expanding team at a manufacturing company based in Telford. The company are a world class manufacturing organisation that are committed to improving safety, quality, manufacturing and commercial performance of product range and systems.
As a Production Supervisor your duties will include:
- To manage train and develop the department resources to meet the requirements of Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and to continually improve our capacity and capability.
- Using WCM principles, tools and techniques to assist in the continuous improvement of our production team and our facilities whilst reducing wasteful activities.
- Champion and follow through on all Safety incidents and initiatives whilst targeting zero lost time & recordable accidents.
- To assist in the creation, implementation and review all SOP's and risk assessments for the department.
- Responsible for planning and allocating manpower to support the daily requirements of the production areas.
- Develop and Support the training matrix. As well as the evaluation and development of employee skill levels as required through appraisals to increase flexibility and meet legislative and procedural requirements.
- Working directly with maintenance to help prioritise Tags to actively reduce unplanned delays and breakdowns.
- Maintain work place organization using 5s tools and techniques and by holding employees accountable for their assigned work areas.
- Counsel employees and perform disciplinary investigations and disciplinary interviews when corrective action is necessary.
- Openly and honestly communicate with all employees to build trust and effective teamwork.
- Facilitation of Start of Shift Meetings and the DCM (daily control meeting).
- Experience of preparing and presenting at weekly Production Meeting, reporting weekly KPI's and demonstrating actions for improvements.
- Support the local management team with implementation of the company's policies and procedures. Actively promote activity that will help the business achieve its goals.
- Effective co-ordination and planning of production trials with the New Product Development team. Timely completion of trial documentation and facilitation of pre-trial meetings to ensure production trials are value adding.
The ideal Production Supervisor will hold the following skills and experiences:
- A recognised Continuous Improvement qualification (WCM /Lean /Six Sigma)
- Engineering or supervisory qualification preferred
- IOSH or Nebosh certificate preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory/ management capacity
- Experience of coaching and mentoring WCM /Lean /Six Sigma Methodology
- Experience of attaining or maintaining OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Effective Time Management and administrative skills.
- Display enthusiasm, show commitment to goals and pursue results.
- Act with integrity and develop and maintain relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- Use influencing and communication skills to enable planning and data based decision-making.
- Problem solving techniques with the timely implementation of action plans to improve OEE, productivity and material balance.
In return you will be paid a salary of £13.47 per hour, this position is a six month contract initially with a view to becoming permanent for the right candidate subject to successful probation.
Working hours are 40 hours, current rotating shift pattern of Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm with 12pm - 8pm.
To apply for this vacancy please click Apply.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk