A European market leader in management and recycling of industrial waste is seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join its expanding team based in Whitchurch, Shropshire.
As a Mechanical Fitter, your duties will include:
- Using a range of tools and engineering techniques to maintain and repair mechanical plant machinery and equipment to operational standards.
- Using precision measuring instruments to check parts for accuracy and fit.
To be a successful Mechanical Fitter you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with hydraulics/pneumatics, heavy metals, changing bearings working on recycling plant machinery.
- Enjoy technical work in a physically demanding role.
- Good hand-eye coordination to be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Practical ability with an eye for detail.
- Hold a recognised time-served apprenticeship including City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Hold a current Fork Lift Counter Balance Licence refreshed within the last 3 years.
The working hours for this vacancy are Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm.
In return, the Mechanical Fitter will receive a salary of £12.57 per hour plus enhanced rates for over time.
This job is located in Whitchurch, Shropshire.
To apply for this vacancy please click Apply.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk