A rare and fantastic opportunity has arisen for Drawing Office Manager to join a market leading bespoke oak construction company located on the outskirts of Dudley.
The Drawing office manager will be responsible for:-
• Production of manufacture drawings for Oak and Accoya cladded buildings to strict deadlines.
• Overseeing the ordering, manufacture and shipping of joinery to strict deadlines.
• Managing the drawing office and assisting the draughtsmen, sales and contracts teams with technical issues.
• Requesting surveys for Buildings and Joinery projects where necessary.
• Ensuring the drawing office is in receipt of the correct / latest information before production.
• Checking the content and quality of the information being sent out from the drawing office.
• Providing job specific details for the planning department.
• Communicating directly with Clients, Architects, Builders and external consultants such as Building Control, NHBC, SAP and Structural Engineers.
• Communicating with Directors, Designers, Commercial, Contracts, Manufacturing and Joinery departments.
• Reporting production targets and project non-compliance to the Directors.
The role will consist of the production of manufacture / working drawings typically comprising of floor and roof layouts, elevations, sections and any necessary details.
This will also include the drafting of structural arrangement drawings and the creation of manufacture files for the production of Oak Frames and Cladded buildings.
You will also be responsible for the collation of design and specification information into factory files, whilst liaising with engineers, architects, clients, suppliers and other industry professionals.
The position would be ideally suited to someone from a similar Manufacturing / Technical Co-ordination position within the construction industry and offsite manufacture with construction/carpentry knowledge. Full training of the Frame manufacture will be provided for all applicants due to our unique method of construction.
Key skills/role requirements:-
• Be able to manage a team of draughtsmen and communicate with Framing, Joinery departments.
• Be able to work across the board on small to larger scale projects.
• Good interpersonal skills & communication are essential.
• Competence in speaking and dealing directly with clients, engineers and architects.
• Confidence to oversee multiple projects.
• Team member attitude, willing and able to provide assistance when required.
• Ability to perform and produce drawings to definite timescale.
• Understanding of structural engineering principles.
• Good 2D and 3D CAD operator.
Experience and Requirements:-
• Minimum of 7 years work experience within a relevant position.
• AutoCAD / SketchUp / Dietrich.
• Full Microsoft Suite - Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of Building Regulations.
• Knowledge and understanding construction/carpentry.
This is a genuine full time permanent position hours 7:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday (must be Flexible) working in a clean modern dynamic open plan office. Starting salary is £30k to £40 dependent upon experience.
Excellent opportunity to join a reputable manufacturing company with a solid customer base and low staff turnover. Please click on the apply button to submit your details.
Please click apply to submit your details or email your CV directly to Andrew.Dace@pertemps.co.uk