Shift Manager - A fantastic job opportunity has arisen to join global leading business within the Aerospace industry. Having sites all around the world and contracts with all the largest Aerospace business's this truly is a great opportunity.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager you will have responsibility for managing the day-to-day Safety, Quality, Throughput and Cost for their area/shift. In conjunction with the Business Unit Manager, the focus of the role will be to execute the daily, weekly plans for all departments, managing the manpower and other resources to carry them out in an efficient and productive manner.
Specific duties will include –
• Identifying and implementing improvements in equipment utilisation, energy usage, product quality and labour efficiencies to achieve Daily Flex Targets
• Leading continuous improvement activities to improve operational efficiencies in order to deliver reductions in waste and cost
• Deploying maintenance Team Leaders and Shift Quality Engineer to shift priorities to ensure Shift Metrics are met
• Using Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing Tools such as SPC, FMEAs, 5S and Lean Sigma structured problem solving techniques to drive improvements.
• Disciplinary management, including investigation and delivery of appropriate disciplinary sanctions
• ensuring training needs are identified and training plans are delivered to create a skill base for maximum flexibility. Delivery of Competence and training reviews
Skills required –
• Either of graduate calibre with management diploma and/or have equivalent experience within a management role in a unionised environment
• Must be able to demonstrate a range of leadership skills such as delegation, coaching and support while able to interpret and challenge traditional behaviours and practices
• Knowledge of ISO9001, OSHA18001 and ISO14001
• Demonstrable skills in managing people (development and managing performance)
• A willingness to be trained to a Green Belt standard in Lean Six sigma
• Experience preferable in an aerospace manufacturing environment
• Experience and exposure to a union environment would be advantageous
The Shift Manager role will be a 4 on / 4 off shift system with an excellent remuneration package, including a salary of £45,000 per year with OTE in excess of £50k.
Please click apply to submit your details or email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org