Location: West Bromwich
• To oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule
• Ensure that the production is cost effective
• Decide what resources are required
• Draft a timescale for the job
• Estimate costs and set the quality standards
• Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
• Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
• Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes
• Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers
• Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
• Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
• Review worker performance
• Identify training needs.
You'll be involved in the pre-production planning as well as the production control and supervision. A large part of the job is dealing with people management.
You may also be involved with product design and purchasing. planners, controls and production engineers and supervisors will assist you. The role may be integrated with other functions, such as marketing.
You can expect to work around 40 hours per week. The role may involve shift work and unsocial hours to make sure there's cover throughout the production process. Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines or to introduce new systems. You could be on call at weekends or public holidays to deal with problems.
Dress code is usually business casual, or appropriate PPE when required.
You will need to have:
• Planning and organisation skills to be able run and monitor the production process the ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems
• A good understanding of textiles
• Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
• The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and customers
• The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.