My Birmingham based client (B46) is currently seeking a number of experienced assemblers/ wood technicians to help build up wooden frames and window solutions for the construction of houses.
They are a prolific company within their industry sector, and typically their work-load increases from mid-January up until Summer time in line with peak order times. However they will be looking to recruit candidates on a temp to perm basis to cope with increased demands from customers.
The company will provide training to candidates, ranging from novice (provided you can demonstrate good DIY skills) to those with a solid background in assembly.
Candidates will ideally have a background in assembly, construction, joinery or carpentry, ideally with a particular focus on timber/ other wooden product lines.
However if you have worked in assembly within any mass production operation, for example Automotive, then your application may still be considered.
Preferred skills would include the following:
- Proficient in the use of hand/air tools
- Ability to use industrial staplers/ nail guns
- A keen interest in woodwork and DIY
- Experienced in using such tools safely, including drills and glue guns
- Somebody physically fit in order to lift and maneouvre some of the larger panels as part of the assembly process
- Handling glass panels safely
- Running of automated machinery to seal the frames
- To be familiar/ trained up to use band-saws or rotary saws
- Ability to work well as part of a team and have a good attitude with colleagues
- Experience in putting together large scale projects on a work-bench/ assembly table
- Experience on a busy automotive track may be sufficient
- Preferably with a background in handling timber products and having worked as an assembler in this capacity
Given the location of the company, it would be highly preferable if candidates live within a 5 mile radius of the given post code, or for those living further afield, for candidates to have their own transport.
Hours of work: 0800- 1700
Rate of pay: £8.25 per hour (with a view on increasing over the course of a permanent assignment
Duration: Temp to perm upon completion of a 12 week probation.
If you hold a minimum of 6 months in a similar capacity as an assembler and are available to start within the next two weeks, please click to apply or alternatively email email@example.com.