Are you a multi-skilled maintenance engineer looking for a permanent position with an established multi-national company? Do you have experience of planned and preventative mechanical and electrical maintenance? Do you perhaps also have experience of working with robots?
I am recruiting for a permanent member of staff in the Birmingham area to work for my client in such a role where you will be key to the success of their automotive supply operation. The successful Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician will respond to technical issues affecting production & maintaining electrical and mechanical services, equipment and machinery in an automotive manufacturing environment .
The successful Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will:
- Support production.
- Provide immediate support in the event of breakdowns.
- Set equipment to meet weekly production requirements.
- Isolate/de-isolate equipment to allow machinery to be worked upon safely.
- Work with and interrogate PLC systems (eg Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens).
The ideal Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will hold at least one of the following skills and experiences:
- Mechanical and electrical ability.
- A Recognised Electrical qualification, (minimum level 3 city and guilds or equivalent).
- Extensive experience with Siemens S7.
- Previous experience with Robots (ABB an advantage but not essential).
- Good mechanical skills with hydraulic and pneumatic awareness.
- Experience of reactive maintenance fault finding / repair.
- Full driving licence as there may be a requirement to travel to another site (transport provided).
- Experience gained in an automotive sector.
- 5S knowledge
Previous experience from an automotive supplier or manufacturer is advantageous but not an essential, however proven electrical and mechanical experience from a manufacturing high pressure/ Production environment will be essential.
Immediate start is available, covering a rotating 3 shift pattern, with a negotiable starting salary up to circa £42000 plus shift allowance.
To apply for this role please email your CV to Claire.Male@Pertemps.co.uk or call Claire Male at Pertemps Industrial Recruitment, Birmingham, on 0121 456 4555 to discuss.