Are you an experienced line manager from a production industry background? Are you passionate about continuous improvement, Kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma? Can you lead a team in a production environment to achieve challenging targets, ensuring all products are manufactured to required specification and within budget? Then this may be your ideal career move.
My Tamworth based client are recruiting for an Assistant Production Manager who will be the day to day lead for all staff within the production area of their busy and thriving business. The plant has a lot of automation, with high tech machinery enabling high volume output across a wide range of products, and is currently operated by a team of circa 20 staff.
The successful Assistant Production Manager will carry out the following tasks:
- Planning manpower within the Production Department to ensure that holidays, training, absence and peaks in demand are adequately covered.
- Overseeing issuing of Production Plans / Works Orders for production lines .
- Ensuring that Order of Manufacturing meets quality / testing requirements.
- Monitoring and challenging short-falls in expected output on Production lines.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement relevant new procedures regarding 5S standards, OEE and production processes.
- Monitor 5S standards throughout the department via daily checks and weekly audits.
- Promote & encourage continuous improvement and run Kaizen workshops across production areas.
- Day to day management of Production Operatives including motivation, training, mentoring, personal development.
- Completion of Appraisals, RTWs, Holiday Forms, Weekly Wages as and when required.
- Adjustment of BOMs on SAP to reflect accurate material usage.
- Attending weekly Production Meetings.
- Leading and supporting safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries.
- Performance manage the team ensuring recognition for good work is as evident as discussions regarding poor performance. Comply with Disciplinary legislation and in-house processes
The successful Assistant Production Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of Managing Teams of 10 and above in a production environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have 5's / Continuous Improvement / Kaizen experience and knowledge and be able to share this with team.
- Be able to engage and motivate staff.
- Experience of SAP or relevant / similar systems.
- Experience of WMS systems.
In return the employer offers an excellent and modern working environment, a negotiable salary package of £27000 - £35000 depending on experience, performance profit related bonus, up to 29 days annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical and life cover.
If you have the skills and experience I am looking for then apply now by emailing your CV to Claire.Male@Pertemps.co.uk, or calling Claire Male at Pertemps Industrial Division, Birmingham Branch, on 0121 456 4555.