£8 per hour, Benefits: Company pension, salary reviews, temp-to-perm
£27000 per annum
£8.00 - £9.00 per hour, Benefits: + Holiday pay to all PAYE employees
Are you an experienced Rail Production Manager? Are you (Ideally) from a Rail Freight background? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a company with great terms and conditions of employment, in a stable environment? Then this could be your ideal next move.
My client is recruiting for a Production Manager in Birmingham / West Midlands area to lead a team of approximately 40 Freight Train drivers. The company was established over 50 years ago and is an award winner in its field. Passionate about Health and Safety you can be reassured that your wellbeing as an employee is very high on their agenda. This combines with an attractive package of Terms and Conditions, including a final salary pension scheme
The successful Production Manager will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and provision of a suitably trained, equipped and assessed operations team (principally train drivers and ground staff where applicable), in order to meet on-going business requirements.
- Ensuring that all your drivers are trained in emergency procedures for major incident/ accident management.
- Ensure employees are appropriately monitored and managed and that you address unacceptable levels of attendance, performance or conduct.
- Liaise with rosters to ensure efficient use of rostered days at work, minimising dependence on free day working.
- First Line 'On Call' commitment and when required attend to group incidents as requested.
- Conduct out of hours monitoring where necessary, to include weekend work.
The successful Production Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Thorough understanding of the principles of safe and efficient railway operation including but not limited to the application of operating instruction, policies, procedures, rule book, railways standards.
- Experience of managing people within an operational environment.
- Experience of working with unions at local level.
- Competent and medically capable of driving trains, with recent practical experience.
- Hold industry standard training/ assessing qualifications and competent in Level 3 & Level 4 NVQ Assessing.
- Knowledge of Rules and Regulations as applicable to operations.
- Competent to undertake risk assessments.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Flexibility in respect of hours worked, location, application and output, dependant on the operational requirements of the business - you may be required to work out of hours, at weekends, or away from home/ overnight stays on occasion.
- TOPS, TRUST, DMS knowledge, IRMA platform or equivalent.
- Dangerous Goods Awareness.
- Personal Track Safety to Network Rail standard .
- Effective incident management training.
In return the Production Manager will receive a salary of circa £55000,alongside an attractive package including generous annual leave allowances and a final salary pension scheme.
If you have the skills and experience required then apply by emailing your CV to Claire Male at Pertemps Industrial Division, Birmingham Branch, at Claire.Male@Pertemps.co.uk, or call Claire to discuss the position in more detail on 0121 456 4555.