A long established and experienced provider of bespoke timber and corrugated transit packaging are seeking an experienced Machine Operator to join their production team.
Amongst their product range are; bespoke pallets, timber crates, timber cases, plywood cases and many timber components. The company specialises in manufacturing wooden crates and are now a first tier supplier to many well-known car manufacturers, as well as a range of other sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Machine Operator to join a market leader, with real opportunities for salary progression and upward mobility.
The successful Machine Operator will:
- Be aware that the role is physically demanding and heavy lifting will be involved.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety within the warehouse.
- Would be able to operate a range of equipment, ideally in CNC machinery
- Flexible, to work in different areas of the factory without discussion.
- Be Prepared that work can sometimes be monotonous and repetitive.
- Punctual, Reliable and trustworthy.
- Good organisational skills, when it is quiet and when it is very busy whilst maintaining a tidy work station.
- Confidence in working to deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- Flexibility to meet urgent business requests outside of standard procedures and timescales.
A range of machining backgrounds will be considered due to the niche nature of the role. This would be an excellent opportunity for any Machine Operator with experience in pallet and case making, but would also be open to CNC operators or candidates with a background in operating conventional machinery such as presses or lathes.
In return the company is offering:
Hourly rate: Between £8 and £9.50 per hour based on experience
Working hours: Monday to Friday 0700 - 15:30, with an hour flexibility to the start and finish time.
Duration: Full time ongoing/ temp-to-perm
They really want the successful Machine Operator to become a permanent member of the team. You will complete a one hour unpaid, on-site induction. Provided you pass your trial period, you will then be earmarked for a temp-to-perm assignment.
If you are a motivated person with production experience then apply now. Email your CV nicole.owen@Pertemps.co.uk, or call Nicole Owen at Pertemps Birmingham Industrial Division on 0121 456 4555 to discuss in more detail.