Are you an experienced Polisher with a knowledge of metal dressing or machine operating? If so, our well-paying and renowned manufacturing plant is recruiting now! Easily accessible from the areas of Halesowen, Smethwick and West Birmingham, this is an excellent temp-to-perm opportunity for those with a solid background in semi-skilled engineering.
This longstanding factory is a market leader in producing automotive parts for a number of high-end car manufacturers, excelling in fabricating and dressing their components to a mirror-finish. They are seeking at least one Metal Polisher with a minimum of 12 months experience, in turn offering a 13-week temp to perm for the right candidate.
Daily responsibilities will include;
- Working as part of a close-knit team in order to ensure that the parts are finished to a high standard, by following a strict five-part sequence
- Stationed at a heavy-duty lathe, you will be responsible for applying parts to the Polisher by hand
- Responsible for running smaller machines and linishing equipment to complete the process
- Handling a range of materials including stainless steel and chrome
- Minding the machine whilst process is being carried out, escalating any faults to production supervisor
In turn, the company will offer attractive pay rates of £10 - £12 per hour, with a view on this increasing to up to £13.50 per hour once a permanent contract has been obtained. The successful Metal Polisher will also free parking and canteen facilities as part of the package.
In order to be successful in this position all applicants must possess the following:
- Experience/ knowledge of metal polisher duties; dressing or linishing
- Familiar with the use of hand/air tools in case other departments are able to cross-train
- Proven background in working to strict production targets
- Skills within visual quality inspection, as this would be a key responsibility throughout the production process
- Any other machine operating experience may prove advantageous.
If you feel that you hold relevant experience for this vacancy, please click below to apply.