Are you an experienced Brazier or pipe fabricator seeking a new long-term opportunity within a market leader of refrigeration and heat exchange components? Otherwise, do you hold skills in soldering, TIG welding or sub-assembly which may be seen as transferable? If so, our clean, modern facility is in search of somebody to join their engineering department.
This is a large, successful manufacturing plant with an excellent reputation in custom-made cold-store units. They are seeking somebody on a long-term basis, with plenty of opportunity to work overtime both throughout the week and during the weekend. The Brazier must come with a minimum of 12 months experience in brazing, welding, pipe manipulation, soldering or sub-assembly.
Daily responsibilities of the Brazier will include:
- Use of pipe cutting and bending tools in order to form copper pipe structures to specification
- Reading technical drawing and replicating them with measuring tools i.e. vernier, calipers and measuring tapes
- Liaising with the assembly department in order to assist with fitting the cooling units
- Use of a blowtorch fuelled by oxy acetylene in order to fuse pipe valves together
In turn, the company will offer a rate of between £10 and £12.50 per hour with opportunity to earn an overtime premium of time plus one half for any hours worked over the weekend. The successful candidate for the Brazier position will also receive free parking as well as a canteen.
Hours of work: 0600- 1400 / 1400- 2200 (weekly rotation)
In order to be successful in this position, candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Familiar with the duties required of a Brazier, particularly with copper materials (however experience on other metals will still be considered)
- Comfortable with using a range of hand tools and pipe tools
- Good understanding of health and safety practice, as candidates will be required to work alongside and operate naked flame torches
- If brazing has not been undertaken, then experience in TIG welding or silver-soldering would be highly advantageous
If you feel that you hold relevant experience for the Brazier vacancy, please click below to apply.