We are currently recruiting for an experienced Stores Person for a globally recognised engineering group with a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation. Based in the Aston area of Birmingham and being easily accessible from surrounding areas such as Castle Bromwich and Erdington. This is a temporary cover position and could last anything between 1 month and 6 months. There is a chance that this could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
To be considered for this Stores Person role, you MUST be experienced in the following:
- Have previous knowledge and experience using a band saw and cutting materials to accurate lengths
- Experience operating cranes and slings
- Experience using measurement tools and reading measurements
- General stores experience - Picking, packing and scanning stores experience does not qualify as relevant experience
- Experience driving a van as a multi-drop driver within the Midlands region
- Experience loading and unloading materials off the back of vehicles in a safe and effective manner
- Computer literate with experience and knowledge of MRP/ERP and MS Office
You must also hold valid licenses and have experience driving the following:
- Valid Full UK Driving License (Cat B minimum)
- Valid Counterbalance and Reach Fork Lift Truck License
You must have some experience within a multi-drop role driving a van, showing a proficient knowledge of road traffic regulations and the highway code.
In order to be successful with applying for this role as a Stores Person you must be able to work effectively as part of a team, but also be trusted and able to work on your own. Using your initiative to overcome any problems that may arise during your day to day duties.
You must be able to show a clear understanding and knowledge of current health and safety regulations and be able to notice faults and damage to vehicles and reporting them via the standard process. You must also know how to load and unload a vehicle with very delicate and expensive materials in a safe and effective manner.
For this Stores Person role, the company are offering a pay rate of £9.50ph on a full time basis of 37.5 hours per week. Plus additional hours as required to maintain the efficient running of the department.
The working hours for this Stores Person opportunity are:
Monday - Thursday - 07:30 - 16:00 with a 30 minute lunch
Fridays - 07:30 - 13:00 with no lunch break
With a requirement to support the department by working additional hours when needed.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel that you meet all of the above criteria, please click apply below now and we will get back to you if your CV deems you suitable. Or send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and the subject "Stores Person Role"