Are you an experienced Pipe Fitter/ Brazier or gas welder seeking a new long-term opportunity within a market leader of refrigeration and heat exchange components? Otherwise, do you hold skills in silver soldering, TIG welding or sub-assembly which may be seen as transferable? If so, our clean, modern facility is in search of somebody to join their engineering department.
This is a large, successful manufacturing plant with an excellent reputation in custom-made cold-store units. They are seeking somebody on a long-term basis, with plenty of opportunity to work overtime both throughout the week and during the weekend. The Pipe Fitter/ Production Brazier must come with a minimum of 12 months experience in brazing, welding, pipe manipulation, soldering or sub-assembly.
Daily responsibilities of the Production Brazier will include:
- Use of pipe cutting and bending tools in order to form copper pipe structures to specification
- Reading technical drawing and replicating them with measuring tools i.e. vernier, calipers and measuring tapes
- Liaising with the assembly department in order to assist with fitting the cooling units
- Use of a blowtorch fuelled by oxy acetylene in order to fuse pipe valves together
In turn, the company will offer a rate of between £10 and £12.00 per hour with opportunity to earn an overtime premium of time plus one half for any hours worked over the weekend. Nights may attract a rate of up to £13 per hour. Overall these wage offerings equate to a year one salary of £24,000 per annum.
The successful candidate for the Pipe Fitter/ Production Brazier position will also receive free parking as well as a canteen.
Hours of work: 0600- 1400 / 1400- 2200 (weekly rotation)
In order to be successful in this position, candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Familiar with the duties required of a Pipe Fitter/ Production Brazier, particularly with copper materials (however experience on other metals will still be considered)
- Comfortable with using a range of hand tools and pipe tools
- Good understanding of health and safety practice, as candidates will be required to work alongside and operate naked flame torches
- If brazing has not been undertaken, then experience in TIG welding or silver-soldering would be highly advantageous
- Proven ability in a technical production environment preferable over generic plumbing experience
If you feel that you hold relevant experience for the Pipe Fitter/ Brazier vacancy, please click below to apply.