We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer for a Industrial Company based in Birmingham.The job of the Assistant Buyer is to support the UK purchasing team in delivering their key objectives of pipeline savings, improving cash flow whilst maintaining continuity of supply.The roll requires attention to detail in the processing of purchase orders, and other commercial agreements to fixed deadlines and within corporate guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Covert ad hoc requisitions to purchase orders and send to suppliers via email.
- Convert material coded requisitions to purchase orders and send to suppliers via email.
- Expedite orders to ensure continuity of supply. Interrogate SAP to obtain a list of overdue purchase orders and contact suppliers by phone and / or email. Advise internal customers of any issues
- Elevate unresolved issues to the relevant buyer. Liaise with operations, planning, technical and engineering departments.
- Enforce the PCC code of conduct in all commercial relationships. Understand the code of conduct and how it relates to supplier relationships.
- Ensure the material requirements planning data base is accurately maintained for stores coded items and that additions are in line with the naming policy. Input minimum and maximum stock levels to reflect the link between production demand and supplier lead times. 1000 live records with 500 vendors
- Publish departmental metrics - savings, stock outs, stock accuracy, orders processed, variable cost forecast, delivery performance, material price variance
- Complete and submit request forms to add and amend vendor details. Each vendor on SAP has 2 codes, one for purchasing and one for finance. A standard form must be completed and authorised by purchasing and finance and then submitted to shared services to amend or add the vendor in SAP
- Complete and submit none standard terms requests. Any vendor that will not accept 75 day payment terms must have the non standard terms approved as per the corporate policy.
- Resolve invoice queries between vendors and the finance team. Hold weekly reviews with the accounts payable team to identify discrepancies between the vendors invoice value and the corresponding purchase order. Contact the vendor to understand the discrepancies and either amend the purchase order or arrange for credits to be made to the values match to enable payment as appropriate
- Identify areas of non value added activity and suggest changes to processes to eliminate waste.
This is a temporary but full time vacancy. For the right candidate there is an opportunity to be taken on permanent by the client.