We are currently representing a Small Food Manufacturer based in Birmingham who are seeking a National Sales Manager who will be responsible for all Key accounts and to support with new products being brought to market. They are seeking somebody experienced in dealing with sales into large supermarkets and is confident in increasing spend on our current accounts.
• Improve the commercial performance of the Company by increasing its turnover and maximising profitability.
• Increasing and maintaining sales with existing customers on a sustainable basis with an adequate margin.
• Analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits;
• Develop customer specific strategies to increase market share.
• Analysing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning and budgeting.
• Building a strong customer relationship, responding to complaints and comments.
• Identify key customer business requirements, based on strategic consumer and customer insight in order to optimise business sales, profit and customer relationships.
• To monitor, plan and forecast long and short term sales to provide the business with accurate requirements, to ensure we manage risk and opportunities vs. budget.
• Develop, manage and leverage the customer relationship, both internally and externally.
• To align customer requirements with business objectives; providing the business with a sales plan that is shared and monitored periodically.
• Successfully manage the Profit and Loss account; ensuring all accounts maximise profit opportunities and have fully identified all the sales opportunities based on internal NPD, external consumer insight and other business levers.
• Coach team members on areas of expertise
Skills & Experience:
• Relevant degree or sales experience / demonstrable success in negotiating with multiple retailers.
• Experience of dealing with Supermarkets
• Experience in FMCG essential and chilled foods is desirable.
• An operational operator with strengths in planning and forecasting
• Strong understanding of customer relationship management
• Profit & Loss Management Sales accounts
• Seamless ability to forge relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong negotiation skills, natural empathy and willingness to understand, before being understood.
• The ability to think analytically and be comfortable with internal forecasting and financial systems.
• Influencing skills and the ability to come up with clear, concise recommendations to make things happen both internally and externally.
If this role sounds like the role for you, Perfect! Simply click apply.