Are you looking for a fresh and exciting new role, are you bored in your current job fed up with the same old routine day in day out, then stop - read the below and send your CV to me today ! if you don't have time to send your CV then feel free to email me - Katherine.email@example.com
I am currently looking for an Office Manager who role will be very varied, one day your role could be 80% dealing with all the finances and 20% facilities - this could be from ensuring that there is enough coffee in the office as everyone needs a cup of coffee to make it through the day !
If you have had exposure of dealing monthly accounts/checking reports/dealing with budgets and overseeing the financial activies of the team then this could be the role for you.
You will need to be able to spot any ammonites with the figures/produce reports, should the excel spreadsheets formulas break down have the knowledge to re cerate them.
You will be working for a well-established global firm that are based in the heart of Bristol - very close to Cabot circus - fantastic shops !
You will received a salary of up to £35,000 - hours of work are very flexible, you will work 37.5 hour working week, Monday - Friday
To be successful, you must have a strong background in both finance and office management as well as having proven line management experience. We need a friendly and supportive individual who can successfully manage and mentor the people who report into this role.
You need to have a flexible, can do approach, have great attention to detail and be someone who thrives on working in a varied role.
We need an applicant who has excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and particularly Excel. You will also have experience of using online accounting systems.
It's essential you have superb communication skills and are incredibly organised; comfortable chasing other departments, customer debts, suppliers and managers for information which is time critical.
In addition, you will also be the person who manages all the supplies in the office, so it's important you have the ability for forward plan and ensure that everything is in place for the office to run smoothly.
The Finance and Facilities Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of our office's support functions. They will ensure our accounts department provides timely, accurate and relevant financial and management information.
This role will report to our MD and will lead, support and line manage the operations team, consisting of an administration assistant and HR manager.
Financial and accounting
- Support the preparation of monthly accounts by the head office finance team and then review those accounts - e.g. checking that the reports are accurate and costs have been correctly allocated. Improve reliability, accuracy and transparency of financial reporting.
- Liaise with head office regarding financial systems and processes and how they can be made more effective. Respond to high level financial queries from the head office, and prepare any requested data.
- Oversee financial activities of the admin team staff, which include raising customer invoices, customer debt collection, raising purchase orders, managing suppliers, good in & out, asset tracking, managing petty cash and credit card administration. Ensuring that issues are addressed and remedial action taken as appropriate.
- Manage our electronic and paper filing systems.
- Maintain an accurate asset register, record stock levels and produce inventories.
- Create and maintain admin department budget and monitor spend against that budget.
- Directing and planning all essential, non-customer related services, such as reception, deliveries, maintenance, parking, waste disposal and recycling.
- Responsible for upkeep of building, furnishings and non-technical equipment, including cleaning, security and space management.
- Creation and management of associated operations budget and monitoring spend against that budget.
- Ensuring facilities suppliers are delivering high quality services, with maximum value for money and with appropriate commercial terms and conditions in place.
- Liaison with office landlord and attendance of tenants' meetings.
Skills and experience the successful applicant must have:
- You will be able to self-motivate and work independently without close supervision. The flat hierarchy of the business means the individual will be working with all the senior management team and should be confident in their dealings with them.
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of finance practices regarding budgeting, purchasing, supplier management, customer invoicing and debt collection.
- Strong IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office including working with complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and communication skills. The candidate should be able to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare concise oral and written reports for senior managers.
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and confidence when entering and processing financial data.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A basic accountancy qualification, such as AAT or similar.
- Proven experience in both office and finance management
- Previous experience of line managing and coaching direct reports
- Experience with on-line accounting and finance systems..
If you would like to apply please click apply or send your CV to Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org