£10.00 per hour
Our client, an International Law Firm, are looking for a Paralegal to join their team in Central Bristol. The stylish office is located close to Temple Meads & on all major bus routes.
The role is working within the Structured Professional Indemnity team.
You will be working Monday - Friday Full time hours. The salary will be £18,000 - £23,000 depending on experience & brilliant benefits including: life assurance, income protection, group personal pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan (travel), mortgage advice, private medical insurance, ride2work, gym flex and holiday flex among others!
Day to day work duties are likely to include:
- Management of a large caseload of professional indemnity claims matters under supervision of a Senior Associate.
- Adherence to the agreed process, including diligent and consistent use of MI case management and data capture tools to produce reliable MI
- You will be responsible for all aspects of case handling, including acknowledgment of instructions, investigation, reporting to clients, drafting letters of response / correspondence to other parties, instructing Counsel and dealing with the various steps involved in a litigated case (usually within fast track but with the scope for some multi-track).
- As required, and as capacity allows, flexibility to assist other sub-teams with a variety of paralegal tasks. These may include document review, compliance checks and other matter support tasks
- Delivering high quality and timely output to clients, ensuring high levels of customer service and alignment with agreed working practices
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training and induction, process improvement, case management systems, technologies etc.
- Capturing and collating required MI in accordance with agreed practice - for performance management, client reporting, SLAs, pricing and other purposes
- Previous paralegal experience
- LPC, CILEX, law degree or GDL.
- Previous experience of running cases on a volume basis
- Experience of process development in a legal environment
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support
- Confident, with strong written and verbal communication skills. The job does require you to be confident on the phone with a range of people such as insurers, insured, witnesses, experts, counsel and your opponents.
- Understand the importance of MI for insurer clients and to keep your MI accurate and up to date
If interested then please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you are not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.