An established professional association & registered charity based in the Centre of Bristol, not far from Temple Meads are looking for a Management Accountant to join their team on a 1 year Fixed Term contract/
Our client offer brilliant benefits including; 27 days holiday + bank holidays. Parking will also be provided, near Cabot Circus so very central location. Option to buy holiday options and an excellent pension scheme which is 10 % employer - 6 % employee.
You will be working Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm and receive a salary circa £30,000 - £35,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate would be smart, driven, and experienced with direct line management of a small team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the core aspect of this role will be to produce monthly management accounts and year end accounts and to review and sign off the accounts of several branches. There will be direct line management of part of the finance team which can include training apprentices/accounts assistants.
- Line management of finance staff
- Liaising with departmental heads and departmental financial reporting
- Review and sign off monthly management accounts for several branches
- Prepare quarterly VAT submission & reconciliation, to include partial exemption calculations
- Year-end accounts preparation to include financial statements, consolidation and analysis, communication with external auditors.
- Filing at Companies House and Charities Commission
- Assist with annual budget planning and preparation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts financial statements
- Authorise weekly supplier payment runs and cash management reports
- Prepare reports to support management as required
- Implement new procedures and systems as required
- Assist with systems and processes training for Finance and wider team
- Undertake any further additional duties as agreed with the Line Manager from time to time consistent with the nature of the post.
This role will suit you if you:
The successful candidate will be Part Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or Qualified by Experience (QBE) with relevant experience gained within management accounting within a commercial, ideally SME, organisation.
You will need proven experience line/team management.
Excellent communication skills and the desire to build relationships across the business is key.
If interested the please hit apply now! Or contact Lucy Oliver at Pertemps Commercial.
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you're not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.