We are currently recruiting for an experienced warehouse transport administrator to join a large well established business who are based in Halesowen. The purpose of the role will be to provide administrative support within the Halesowen Warehouse with particular emphasis on transport planning; export paperwork and general transport office record keeping and reporting.
- Liaising between warehouse and customer services on timing of order release in order to fit in with transport scheduling
- Arranging and scheduling customer delivery slots to fit in with transport fleet routings.
- Liaising with carriers to arrange transport where not appropriate to utilise own fleet.
- Creating and managing export paperwork to ensure smooth export process.
- Liaising with export carriers to arrange collections from the Halesowen Warehouse and delivery to customer locations, ensuing customs paperwork is completed correctly and available for the carrier.
- Monitoring driver hours and infringement reporting.
- Monitoring scheduled maintenance and vehicle defect reporting.
- Other warehouse administration duties as required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and understanding of export process and associated paperwork.
- Knowledge and understanding of the transport office function and the ability to liaise with customers effectively in order to ensure smooth deliveries.
- An understanding of customer booking in systems.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- IT literate with good spreadsheet knowledge.
- Structured in approach to tasks with good organisational skills.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of EU HGV drivers hours regulations and an ability to use this knowledge to schedule multiple drop customer deliveries in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of vehicle defect reporting and maintenance scheduling.
- Experience working with Manhattan WMI.
- Knowledge and experience of Paragon routing software.
SALARY & WORKING HOURS
- 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday
- 18-19K dependant on experience
Please click to apply
The successful applicant will have held one of the following positions:- Transport Administrator, Route Planning Assistant, Despatch Admin, Transport Assistant, Traffic Manager and/or Export / EU Documentation Clerk or similar