We are recruiting for a Quality Engineer to support a manufacturing company based in Dudley. Ideally you will be from an Industrial manufacturing background
The main objective of the role will be to audit, inspect, document and feedback on quality issues concerning components, assemblies and finished products. They will need to demonstrate that they have the confidence to communicate across all levels of the organisation, as well as with suppliers and manufacturers in all regions.
The component parts include injection-moulded plastics, pressure die-castings, steel fabrications, timber frames and polyurethane moulded foams, in addition to upholstery fabrics and leathers.
The main duties will be:
- To challenge the specifications laid down by design, in order to ensure that all products are compliant and fit-for-purpose.
- To produce detailed production specifications with all detail/ tolerances/ processes/ packaging, agreed by both customers and suppliers.
- To work with the Procurement Manager to audit the company’s supply chain and ensure that all suppliers allow us to meet our responsibilities to our customers’ QM Systems
- To check all initial samples and first off production batches, if necessary at the suppliers’ premises, as well as within our own factories.
- Investigating any day-to-day production issues that may arise and providing feedback to all parties. Updating specifications where necessary with the consent of the stakeholders.
- Liaising with suppliers and our internal production teams to identify any opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Raising Non-Conformance-Reports (NCRs) and expediting with suppliers to implement corrective actions, where components do not meet the agreed specification.
- Proactively introduce process improvements to improve component quality and workplace efficiency.
- Ensure Company Policies, Procedures and Company Handbook are always adhered to.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- A proven quality/project engineering background.
- Excellent project management skills.
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- High levels of attention-to-detail.
- Possessing excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with 8D & PFEP processes
- In addition, it would be an advantage if the candidate was familiar with the Solidworks software. If not, training can be provided.
- Challenging the status quo process improvement
In return the company will provide a very supportive environment, they have a full order book for the next 12 months so this is an exciting time to join.