Part Time (16 hours per week – Thursdays and Fridays full day)
£8 per hour
Temporary maternity cover
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Administrator to join a busy team based in Redditch on a temporary basis to cover maternity. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and growing business where there is lots of opportunity.
To provide a professional, efficient and effective accounts administration function to ensure the needs of the business are met at all times.
This is a varied and diverse role that will see you working with the Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Nominal Ledger. You will be involved in Credit Control, Bank Reconciliations, utilities management, data entry, filing as well as other general administration work.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. To be responsible for day-to-day accounts functions for the group.
2. To ensure Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Nominal Ledgers are kept updated within Sage Accounts
3. To ensure First Steps Database is maintained and accurate at all times.
4. To use knowledge of computerised systems within Microsoft Office, Sage and other software packages to undertake accounts functions.
5. Use initiative to complete and prioritise tasks in the absence of others
6. To gain an understanding of the company requirements and to be able to negotiate and interpret requirements when necessary.
7. To identify where systems or processes can be changed or improved and offer suggestions when appropriate.
8. To offer assistance and support to the Office Administrator/Finance Controller with all administrative & communication tasks.
9. To be effective in Customer Service and one of the first points of contact for all phone calls.
10. Liaise with customers and suppliers where necessary.
11. To become an authorised Credit Card Handler.
12. To be able to undertake a Bank Reconciliation within Sage Accounts.
13. To type and word process various documents and electronic information.
14. Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences and project team activities.
15. Filing in both paper and electronic format.
16. Organise and update relevant data using database applications and spreadsheets.
17. Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision making by others.
18. To adhere to all company policies and procedures and to put them into practice.
19. Any other ad hoc accounting or administrative duties.
20. Any other duties as required in the smooth running of the offices.
This is an immediate requirement so I require candidates who are not currently in a role and can start straight away. I am looking for an experienced & competent Accounts person who is a confident communicator, a good problem solver and has good Microsoft Office skills. The role is varied and demanding and requires a suitably motivated person to undertake it. You must be willing to learn, have flexibility and be able to work on your own initiative. You MUST have working knowledge of SAGE for this role and have worked with purchase, sales and nominal ledger.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role and would like to apply please call Amy Hollier on 01527 591091or email an up to date CV to Amy Hollier on firstname.lastname@example.org