£22,000 - £25,000
Perm – Full time 8am – 5pm (occasional Saturday mornings when it is a busy period)
My Client is looking for an Transport Planner to join their fast paced team. This role is vital in supporting and assisting the transport team in the successful and efficient running of the daily operation of the fleet of 35 vehicles. We are looking for an enthusiastic outgoing individual who has previous experience working in a busy transport office and is looking to take the next step.
Roles and responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
• Accurately process all jobs within transport management software.
• Process drivers weekly run sheets, job allocations and POD's
• Communicating with drivers, customers and Sub-Contractors.
• Assist with the day to day planning.
• Provide quotations for customers.
• Assist drivers with job information and trouble shoot problems.
• Planning transport routes for the vehicles
• Answering any queries and general questions from customer
• Updating customers on jobs and progress on loads
• Sourcing additional work
• Supporting the General Haulage office to provide the highest level of customer service.
Requirements and Skills for a Transport Planner:
• A strong working knowledge of Office based IT including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent Customer service skills.
• Previous experience working in a transport office.
• Strong written, numerical and verbal communication skills.
• A very good attention to detail.
• Adaptable and resilient in a pressurised environment
• Experience of planning general vehicles and sourcing work to ensure the most effective routes are planned
• Good customer service and telephone skills
• The successful applicant must have knowledge of transport legislation and road haulage, good interpersonal skills and excellent organisational skills.
If you have the skills and experience for this role, please APPLY. Alternatively please call Sophie on 01527 591 091 or email Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org