We are currently recruiting for a Senior HR Advisor for a food manufacturing company based in Stafford. Offering a salary of £30k with attractive benefits.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, the Senior HR Advisor is the site lead for all generalist HR Practices. Reviewing Polices and Procedure's, ensuring compliance, dealing with complex situations and efficiently resolving issues, this position is a crucial part of the HR Team.
Working within a unionised manufacturing environment where continuous improvement is essential in all areas to support the business needs; the role holder will be expected to ensure the site complies with all statutory and company requirements. The role holder will further be responsible for promoting team ethics and supporting the HR Business Partner with HR Related projects and site initiatives.
- Responsibility for day to day activities within the HR Function.
- Demonstrate successful working relationships with both employees and their representatives to resolve issues. Providing advice and guidance regarding Terms and Conditions of employment where necessary.
- Liaising with management and occupational health advisor to promote employee wellbeing and achieve site KPI's.
- Making sure that return to works, counselling, investigation interviews and disciplinary action takes place in a timely manner.
- Offering advice and guidance to managers regarding long term absence management, medical rehabilitation programmes, performance and capability cases.
- Facilitate investigation and disciplinary hearing process including appropriate administration in line with current agreements and legislation.
- Dealing with Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave and Flexible working requests.
- Support the HR Business Partner in the maintenance of the existing HR Policies and Procedures, and implementation of any new changes in Company Policy or Legislation.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner with regard to HR Related projects and site initiatives, provided assistance to Line Managers and Employees when necessary.
- Ensuring that the internal process for authorisation is followed prior to recruitment.
- Implementation of recruitment and selection procedures, taking part in the selection process providing support to the recruiting manager, arranging interviews, internal and external advertisements.
- Liaison with approved recruitment agencies for commercial / technical positions when necessary, negotiating appropriate fees.
- Control of industrial agency labour requirements, ensuring that both legislative and customer requirements are met.
- CIPD Level 5 or educated to HNC level or equivalent in a related subject i.e. Business Management.
- Basic Food Safety HACCP Level 2 or higher
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience with a HR Role on a Manufacturing site.
- Experience of recruitment, interviewing and assessment.
- Current knowledge of employment law and HR best practice.
- Evidence of working successfully to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prepare and present reports.
- Ability to prepare HR communications appropriate to the audience.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to meet deadlines.
- Able to work and stay calm in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to work in a confidential and professional manner.
- CIPD Level 7 or educated to degree or equivalent in a related subject i.e. HRM, Business Management,
- Formal Management Training i.e. ILM or similar Psychometric testing Levels A & B
- Intermediate Food Safety HACCP Level 3 or higher
- Previous experience working within Food / FMCG environment.
- Knowledge of budget variance and basic financial awareness
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a Guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today