Due to significant growth we are looking to recruit for a Part Time Shop Manager to ensure the smooth running of the shop. This is a Part time role: 30 hours over 7 days per week. To be responsible for all aspects of the charity shop, including staff, volunteers, customer service, stock management, financial records, administration, compliance with current legislation. Promoting the work of the Charity
The Manager will work to budgeted sales targets and will be expected to control shop expenditure.
• Achieve profit targets by maximising sales and minimising costs.
• To achieve the required Gift Aid conversions rates and manage the Gift Aid process.
• To list stock on to Amazon/EBay sites and manage the on-line process.
• Action daily floor walks to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained.
• Ensure the high standard of service to customers that is expected by the MAAC is maintained at all times.
• Actively support any local fundraising promotions.
• Implement any promotions in the store as directed by Head of Retail.
• Maintain a high standard of display, both in the window and internally.
• Ensure the sales floor layout is as per the current guide lines as agreed with Head of Retail.
• Achieve and maintain high standards of housekeeping, organisation and cleanliness throughout the shop premises.
• Keep merchandise clearly ticketed and priced.
• Actively recruit volunteers and agency staff to achieve shop manpower target as agreed with Head of Retail.
• All paid staff receive a monthly One to One Meeting.
• Train and develop paid staff, volunteers and agency workers to enable them to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively.
• Keep the store adequately staffed at all times in order to maintain appropriate levels of service produce robust shop rotas in advance.
• Promote a happy working environment for staff and volunteers which enhances the working experience for paid staff and volunteers.
• Inform the store team of business communications, promotions and information relating to the MAAC.
• Ensure that all MAAC policies are adhered to by staff.
• To carry out monthly volunteer meetings.
• Actively encourage the public and commercial organisations to donate saleable goods.
• Ensure there is adequate stock of key items available at all times. (Store density).
• The role will require manual work, which include moving stock.
• Accurately record all donated stock by using the stores electronic stock capture and reporting system.
• Select and price stock at a consistent level in accordance with MAAC price guides.
• Rotate stock so that no items remain on the store floor for any longer than the agreed time limit.
• Comply with all instructions regarding the sales / ordering of new goods.
• To ensure that a stock check of bought-in goods (such as MAAC goods and accessories) is undertaken on a monthly basis, with a stock valuation produced for auditing purposes.
• Ensure the furniture collection operation is effective, ensuring that the driver/collector targets appropriate areas within the branch boundary.
• To undertake any other measures and procedures of procuring donated stock in order to ensure appropriate levels and quality of stock to maintain identified sales stock values and daily income.
• Actively generating donations through local community, businesses whilst building key partnerships through planned weekly stock generation activities.
Administration and Financial Procedures:
• Ensure that all staff are appropriately trained to sell electrical goods.
• Ensure all relevant administration is completed on time and according to the MAAC Manager's Manual.
• Ensure all financial, cash handling and security procedures are adhered to as per the MAAC Manager's Manual.
• Hold the keys of the store, inform the police/ alarm monitoring service of key holders names and ensure that the store premises are secure whenever they a left unattended.
• Notify your line manager in the event of suspected theft or dishonesty by any member of staff.
• Ensure all staff and volunteers lock all purses and valuables in a locker.
• Educate the public and promote the good name of the Charity and the branch in general through the effective use of campaigns material in the shop.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online, or contact Sarah Turner on 01952 291250 for further details.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a Guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today