Commercial Property Claims Handler
Full Time, Permanent
Starting Salary £18,000
Working hours between 8am - 6pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our clients Real Estate Practice where they deal with property claims for various Insurers and Brokers, supporting their customers in the event of an insurance claim affecting their property.
Account Handlers not only expertly deal with the claims, they have the additional responsibility of building and maintaining relationships with key parties involved.
Successful applicants should have advanced background in domestic or commercial property claims handling and a proven track record in delivering exceptional customer service.
What else does the role involve?
You`ll develop relationships with Clients, expertly support their customers guiding them through the claims process, arrange site visits where required, produce repair scopes and liaise with suppliers and contractors to bring each claim to a swift and successful outcome.
It`s not just about the talking, it`s the listening too. Claims can be diverse, so you`ll need to have superb empathetic skills, take a neutral view and remain calm when the pressure is on. Additionally you`ll have the ability to literally put yourself in customer`s shoes.
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent Customer Service skills within an office environment
- Both commercial and domestic property claims experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Buildings desktop claims experience would be an advantage
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Accurate keyboard skills
- IT literacy