We are looking for a Senior Planning Officer for an immediate start ongoing temporary assignment based in Bridgend.
The main purpose of the role is to contribute to the efficient and effective performance of the Development Control by taking responsibility for the processing of a broad range of planning applications and associated development control.
Other duties include :-
- Draft recommendations and reports on planning applications and related development control/management matters (including tree applications) in line with statutory deadlines
- Investigate contraventions of planning control
- Prepare statements and present evidence at appeal hearings, inquiries and court proceedings
- Maintain and enhance records and statistical information
- Negotiate with agents, developers and statutory bodies in respect of applications and pre-application enquiries
- Provide formal pre-application advice to members of the public, developers and agents
The successful candidate must have :-
- Significant experience in Development Control with a proven record in the processing of planning applications
- Able to communicate with people at all levels
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
This is a full time role, working 37 hours per week.