My client, a large local business, are currently recruiting for a Housing Officer to be based out of there busy Burton on Trent office.
My client is looking for someone to join them on a permanent basis offering an attractive salary.
This is a Part Time role.
You would be reporting to the Housing Manager and your duties would include:
• Ensuring occupancy targets are achieved.
• Ensuring income revenue targets are achieved.
• Ensuring Service charge collection targets are achieved.
• Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g. assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims and liaise with benefit agencies.
• Helping clients with budgeting of their finances.
• Monitoring and meeting relevant health and safety standards in properties.
• Carrying out day-to-day administration duties.
• Delivering high standards of housing management and ensuring that the service is meeting best practice.
• Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
• Delivering a high standard reception service across all services/ properties.
• Undertaking day-to-day housing management duties, including the maintenance of high standards of cleanliness within services, preparation of rooms and site inspections.
• Clearly communicating tenant responsibilities and tenancy compliance.
• Working with colleagues to maintain good links with the local neighbourhood.
• Effectively using appropriate IT systems, including housing management systems, and maintaining professional and timely records.
• To understand your role in the organisation and to be accountable for your contribution to maximise profitability.
• To understand how your job contributes to the overall purpose of the organisation and be accountable for delivering it in the most efficient way.
• To understand that your efforts will be customer led and be accountable for positive and tangible outcomes.
• Adhere to policies and procedures.
• Working as part of a multi-disciplinary staff team and meeting the requirements of a rota system, ensuring cover is available across all services.
• Actively involved in team meetings and attending regular supervisions.
• Working in line with company policies and procedures and the requirements of funders and stakeholders to ensure effective service delivery.
• Working as part of a team to ensure a high standard housing management service is delivered to customers and partners.
• Working in partnership with other key agencies, both in the statutory and voluntary sectors.
• Using appropriate IT systems and maintain professional and timely records.
• Ability to interpret effectively financial information relating to rents, charges and contracts.
• Ability to produce accurate and timely reports.
• Attending appropriate training and development opportunities as required.
• Undertake personal development and training as necessary to keep up to date with legal, political, financial and other developments in the fields of housing and customer service.
• To ensure compliance with Equality and Diversity policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
• Ensure that all data is compliant with legislation and policies relating to data quality.
• To actively promote the business locally and be involved with fundraising activities.
• Any other relevant duties as required by the designated manager.
• To ensure compliance with safeguarding policies and procedures in every aspect of service delivery.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online! Or call 01283 512225 and ask for Jessica!