My client based in the Burton-Upon-Trent area are currently seeking a Buyer to join their team on a 6 month contract.
The position is working full-time hours of 8:30am-17:00pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am-16:30pm on a Friday.
- Supporting the Purchasing team on developing and delivering category strategies.
- Developing and presenting the savings projects to key stakeholders for their own portfolio of spend and ensuring their timely delivery.
- Working with the appropriate internal stakeholders to compile all the relevant specifications and standards, accommodate trails and obtain technical approvals.
- Conducting price negotiations, tenders and benchmarking exercises in line with departmental and business procedures.
- Conducting regular supplier reviews / audits and addressing any supplier performance issues
- Ensuring the performance targets of the department are met and all business policies are communicated and adhered to.
- Developing supplier catalogues, ensuring contracts and price file data are in place and maintained and all commercially sensitive information is correctly retained.
- Administering and maintaining the vendor approval systems, supplier catalogues and accreditation checks, contracts log, market data tracking, equipment registers, and other associated documents.
- Administering and maintaining the integrity of the purchasing data in SAP (including suppliers, materials and purchase pricing); ensuring best practice rules and internal controls are followed.
- To act as primary interface with Accounts Payable in order to resolve invoice and payment queries in a timely manner.
- To carry out any other tasks as may be deemed necessary that will contribute to the efficiency of the department.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01283 512225 and ask for Jessica.