Our prestigious client based in Burton is looking for a Planning Assistant to support the Planning requirements within the Primary planning team.
The purpose of this role includes the following:
• Sub-contracting orders to third party hauliers .
• Support Customer Services with booking in and customer service issues but also to provided holiday cover, which includes issuing PO's to Sub hauliers.
• Help with Sub haulier queries and answer any e-mails sent through the planning e-mail address.
• Help with any Tanking queries and ensure all tanker numbers have been sent through to the customer.
The duties of which will require the successful candidate to:
• Ensure all orders are downloaded
• Ensure all late deliveries are reported and logged onto the primary systems/reports
• Ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to processes and guidelines
• Adherence to all healthy and safety aspects as required
• Successful management of problem resolution
• Achievement of personal development objectives
• Ensure chartered times are achieved in the service excellence dashboard
• Liaison with external and internal customers as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• The ability to work on own initiative in a fast paced working environment.
• A flexible approach to duties
• Experience of working in a planning environment
• Understanding of contract haulage and purchasing
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
• Good computer literacy and ability to work under pressure
• Good influencing, organisational and communication skills
• Experience of transport planning and working in a busy transport operation.
This is a temporary contract and will run on a basis of 37.5 hours per week. These working hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30AM-4.30PM and will offer a rewarding pay of £9.20 PH.
If this is a role you believe you will excel in and wish to hear more, please apply online or send your CV to Olivia.email@example.com