I am currently recruiting for a Clerical Assistant on a temporary basis.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00, 37 hours. Paid an hourly rate of £08.09.
Dress Code: Smart Casual
This post will be to cover reception and to answer calls based at Springvale office in Cannock
Responsible to: Office Manager
To make Staffordshire a great place for people to live, work, visit and invest
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
To provide administrative support to the teams including:
• Maintaining records, both paper and electronic, and implementing related systems, including compiling and maintaining statistics.
• Establishing systems for the filing and retrieval of documents and data.
• Processing stationery orders and maintaining appropriate levels of stock.
• Filing, photocopying and postal duties.
• Organising and maintaining a bring-forward system.
• Scanning of documents onto relevant software.
• Word processing including letters and reports and other standard documents to include tables and graphic presentations. Use of audio dictation equipment if necessary.
• Processing of invoices, charges and statutory notices when required
• Working on own initiative if required.
• Preparing and distributing paperwork including:
- annual reviews
• Liaising with Customers, Contractors, Partners and other County Council establishments as required including:
- liaising and communicating with services to ensure that work is carried out within the relevant time scale
- arranging meetings
- minute taking
- complex/ routine telephone enquiries and message taking
- filtering telephone calls, arranging action and referring to other appropriate officers where necessary
- tracking correspondence
- meeting and greeting
• Contributing to the achievement of Service and Organisational objectives.
• Supporting the continuous improvement of processes and practices within the Additional Needs Division by taking part in:
- team briefings, consultation exercises and in-house training;
- Personal Professional Reviews.
• Any other duties that may from time to time be allocated and that are commensurate with the grading of the post, although suitable adjustment will be made in line with the Disability Discrimination Act 2005.
• Deliver the County Council's Equality For All Policy relevant to the postholder's area of work.
• Be aware of and comply with health and safety responsibilities as outlined in the Directorate Health and Safety Manual
The content of this job description and person specification will be reviewed on an annual basis in line with the Directorates Training and Development Review policy.
If you are interested in this role Apply now! For more information call Ella on 01827 311377