Senior Clerical Assistant
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Clerical Assistant on a temporary basis.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00, 37 hours. Paid an hourly rate of £09.03.
Dress Code: Smart Casual
We are looking for experienced minute takers. The role will be based at Springvale Office in Cannock and would be helpful if they can also travel.
Candidates will be required to have experience of taking minutes at large meetings (some will include up to 20 plus attendees), including multi-disciplinary meetings with skills to precise and the ability to work on own initiative and to very tight timescales. Excellent IT and organisational skills are also required.
Initial contract will be for 12 weeks.
Responsible to: Support Services Manager
The Outcomes - The people of Staffordshire will:
• Be able to access more good jobs and feel the benefit of economic growth
• Be healthier and more independent
• Feel safer, happier and more supported in and by their community
They are one of the largest local authorities in the UK and provides a broad range of services to its citizens. We are at the start of a significant transformation agenda to improve the way we ensure positive outcomes for all of the communities and citizens of Staffordshire, working in partnership with all public sector organisations across the County.
Vision Statement for Families First
‘To work with partners and families in Staffordshire to enable vulnerable children and young people to be safe and secure; to promote physical and emotional well-being and to help them achieve their full potential within their communities'.
This shared vision has been developed by a range of people involved in and committed to high quality, strong and effective children and families' services in Staffordshire. It incorporates views and ideas from managers, front-line practitioners and service users who will be the key contributors to making the vision a reality.
Purpose and values of working with children and families
Families First works closely with partner organisations and our approach is built on the firm foundations of an integrated ‘team around the family'. We facilitate local support and evidence-based intervention for children and families to prevent needs escalating to a level requiring statutory specialist services. Where specialist services are needed, we ensure that timely and effective decisions are made to secure the best outcomes for a child's future.
Our staff and services are based in localities to provide easy access to families and we work with schools and academies, with Police, health services and a range of other partners through our Local Support Teams to prevent children, young people and families requiring more intensive support.
Additionally, the post holder is required to contribute to the achievement of the Council, Directorates, Strategic HR and individual objectives through:
• Personally accountable for delivering services efficiently, effectively, within budget and to implement any approved savings and investment allocated to the service area.
• Participation and contribution in the Personal Performance Review process.
• Ensure that all work is completed with a commitment to equality and anti-discriminatory practice, as a minimum to standards required by legislation.
• Delivering energy conservation practices in line with the County Council's corporate climate change strategy
Health and Safety
• Ensure a work environment that protects people's health and safety and that promotes welfare and which is in accordance with the County Council Health & Safety policy.
• To be committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults.
If you are interested in this role Apply now! For more information call Ella on 01827 311377