Our prestigious client based in Lichfield are looking for a buyer, to motivate and train the purchasing team to all work to a common purpose and to work where appropriate as part of cross-functional teams from across the business on supply chain improvement and / or problem resolution – to include New Product Introduction, Value Engineering, Stock Reduction & Lean Manufacture as required.
Duties of the role include:
• Establish weekly, monthly & quarterly reviews with key suppliers using standardised reporting mechanisms and procedures to drive performance improvement.
• Analyse the current market trends across the portfolio assigned to you.
• Take an active role in the identification and development of new sources of supply to enhance the competitive performance.
• To conduct regular business reviews with suppliers.
• Demonstrate the delivery of annual cost saving initiatives
• To produce and distribute strategic KPI Performance Measures for the Purchasing Department both internally, to the customer and to the supply base.
• Introduce cost saving or process improvement solutions that show demonstrable benefits to established KPI's such as cost, quality and delivery adherence.
• To develop annual performance improvement plans related to your commodity or assigned projects or for strategic / key suppliers, working in conjunction where necessary with supplier development engineers or customers.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Good PC skills including experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
• Experience of Crystal Reporting & Advanced Data Analysis desirable
• Advanced knowledge of MRP Systems & Process desirable
• Minimum of 5 Years previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment is essential
• Previous experience of buying procedures and process is essential
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing process and procedures desirable.
• General accountancy/finance knowledge would be beneficial
• Good Negotiation skills
• Good communication skills
• Able to effectively influence key stakeholders
This contract will work on an ongoing temporary basis, hours of which being Monday to Thursday 8.30AM-5PM and Friday 8.30AM-1.30PM. The role will offer a rewarding salary of £24,000 PA.