My Prestigious client based in Lichfield are currently looking for an experienced and proactive Transport manager to join their reputable and busy team on a temporary basis, to manage all transport activity for both inbound and outbound activities.
Duties of the role will include:
• Plan and manage all transport personnel and resources efficiently to include any administrative staff, drivers, subcontractors and vehicles
• Communicate all relevant delivery issues in a timely and professional manner to all relevant parties
• To manage all supplier relationship related to transport operations
• To liaise effectively with all operational staff at the warehouse but also across other sites and divisions to efficiently deliver required transport activities
• Monitor and manage all relevant transport operational costs
• Help to deliver operational analysis and collect relevant data and observations and encourage and help deliver continuous improvement initiatives.
• To maintain all vehicles to required standards including specific schedules and records for maintenance programs and damages maintained
• To ensure that all relevant risk assessments and SSOW are maintained for all areas of responsibility
• Liaise directly on a day to day operational level with the customer to ensure the smooth delivery of the contract as per their requirements.
• Manages Sickness and Absence activity including, the undertaking Return to Work interviews
• Effective management of Holiday's ensuring the department and or business is sufficiently staffed.
• Lead, manage, motivate and develop people
• Manages conduct and performance matters including Discipline, Grievance and Capability
• Review, recognise and reward staff performance as appropriate
• Identify, plan and evaluate training and development of staff
• Train and mentor staff as appropriate within limitations of own authorities/knowledge, competence and resource
• To negotiate with sub contractors on daily and weekly rates.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of controlling and running own vehicles and subcontractors
• Awareness of Health and Safety requirements for vehicles and deliveries
• Staff Management capabilities
• Knowledge of Transport Planning
• Skills in the control of transport vehicles
• Experience of statistical collection and analysis
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to be relied upon to deliver consistent results
• Flexibility in the work environment and prepared to complete tasks required to get the job done
This is an ongoing temporary position working between the hours of 8AM-6PM (but some flexibility must be provided in the case of any operational issues) and will offer the successful candidate an attractive pay of £17PH.
To apply for the role or to hear more please do not hesitate to apply online or alternatively send an up to date copy of your CV to Olivia.email@example.com